/ features / the rat / hood

Bodymen are underpaid

I spent a couple of days stripping the hood, which turned out to have a thick helping of wood putty covered with bondo and skim coat. I must have taken 5 pounds of the stuff off!

Followed by days of sanding, some rust convertor and my first try at bondo. I tried to use as little as possible. You don't get much working time with this stuff!

More sanding. If I had been smart I would have used a final skim coat, but I was getting sick of the whole process and anxious to get some paint on the hood.

Might have looked good on the car just like this.